Monday, December 12, 2011

80's Hair Bands and Shinedown

OK, I know that sounds funny but what I want to know is what is on your playlist?  I can do very little without music.  It is my favorite thing.  So when it came to running, it was a no brainer.  Put some music on my phone and away we go.

My fav band is Bon Jovi.  It has been since 1985 and will always be.  I have seen them live 19 times and counting.  I melt when I hear Jon's voice and am sure I would die if he was in front of me and just simply  smiled at me.

OK, but it doesn't end there.  I love Poison, Warrant, Motley Crue, Dokkon, Cinderella, Ratt and Tesla to name a few.  I could go on, but you would just be bored.

So I made Bon Jovi Radio with Pandora.  Love Pandora, check it out if you haven't done so already.  You can make any station you want and it plays all the songs you love.  My first few times running were great.  I was only running a minute at a time with the C25K plan and all the music played was "my favorite song", until Dream On came on.

Now before you all freak out, I love Areosmith and that song.  A.  Lot.  However, it messed my groove up, too slow and long.  I found that this song came on every time I ran.  I wasn't running for long so you can understand that if that was half your playlist, it wasn't gonna work.

This brings me to Shinedown.  Do you know who they are?  Well, they are up there with my favs.  I decided to make Shinedown Radio and see what happens.  My first run with them was by far one of my best!  When I hear Brent's voice, followed by the sounds of Barry, Zach and Eric, I am transported to super runner.  When the song Cyanide, Sweet Tooth, Suicide comes on, I think I can fly.  Literally.  Even some of the "slower ones", like 45 and The Crow and The Butterfly give me power and I can go just a little farther.

So what is on your playlist?  How does it make you feel?  Are you a better runner because of it?  I don't know if I am a better runner because of the music I love, but I do know that I don't want to run without it.

Run strong, think big!

Update on knee.  Not feeling good.  Bummer.  Going to rest today and try and get a little run/walk in tomorrow.  Doctor appt. on Friday at 9:30.  Think positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment