Monday, November 28, 2022

Black Friday

 Hello again!

I am happy you liked my last post. I appreciate all the "Welcome backs!" and love you shared with me. I missed this. More than I thought. 

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. We celebrated at our home with 11 of my most favorite people. It's not my favorite meal, certainly not a meal I enjoy cooking, but my family loved it and that is all that matters.  

I woke up Thanksgiving morning, had coffee, got the turkey in the oven and then headed out for a 5 1/2 mile run. I actually headed out for a five mile run, but sometimes you miss calculate...

None the less, I earned my pie!

This brings me to Black Friday. Actually, it brings me to the Tuesday before Black Friday. It seems, now a days, Black Friday sales start before the real Black Friday and go through Christmas. I have only shopped on Black Friday once. I didn't love it but every year I say I am going to do it. Every year, I don't.  Maybe next year...




As I said in the last post, BRF#1 wanted to run the Providence marathon. I told her I would do the half, and she was good with that. However, neither of us actually pulled the trigger to sign up. Tuesday, I got an email offering Black Friday pricing for the half and the full marathon. I forwarded the email to BRF#1. Ten minutes later, I got a text saying she registered. Stupid Black Friday. I texted back, "I'll register after I finish the Thanksgiving prep." 

So there you have it folks, I will be running the Providence Half Marathon in May. I am really excited for the new hoodie to run the race.

I feel like having this goal will also keep me writing and talking with you. That I am truly excited for. 

So tell me, do you shop on Black Friday? 

Till next time, my friends. 

RWM

No comments:

Post a Comment