Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter, It's Not Me, It's You

It finally hit me.

Winter.

Really!

I have been fine. I have been bundling up, wearing my Yaktrak, smiling and taking pictures and averaging fourteen miles a week.

That is, until this week.


I don't know what happened.  Kids are on vacation from school this week and Mr. RWM is home. We have no real plans and I have no excuse for not running.  I did have a run planned on Monday with BRF#1 but Gracie got sick and wanted me.  That will always come first, but that was MONDAY!  And on Wednesday, it hit 30 degrees. A freaking heat wave here in Rhode Island and I still didn't run!


I have been rethinking my racing schedule for the year too. Mostly, because I just don't feel like I will ever be able to run over ten miles again.  Yeah, I know that isn't true, but that is where I am.  The only race that I am actually registered for is the Philadelphia Broad Street Run on May 3. Luckily, it only goes up to 10.

I have be eyeing a half marathon in April, but if I don't get some decent long runs in, it just won't happen.  Maybe I should just pull the plug and register?

I am sure this rut will be short lived and I know I will come out of it.  I think I am just over, -10 wind chill runs.  Maybe a few good ones on the treadmill will help. Oh wait, is that such a thing? You're right, I still would rather run outside.


What are you giving up?

Ok, lets do this! Lets finish out the winter strong. Who's with me?!

Run Strong, Think Big! ~ Nicole



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! So over winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are beasts. Seriously. We've had a cold winter for us (going down in the 20s tonight) and I am barely functional. We're just not equipped.

    I see pictures like the one in your post, all layered and bundled and covered in frost and I just can't imagine.

    Winter, go away!

    ReplyDelete