Monday, April 15, 2013

Training Week Eight

Week eight of training is done!

17.67 miles plus yoga, strength and core work. Much better with the cross training this week.  

One more long run to go and then I will be ready, or at least I hope so, for the Newport 10 Miler on April 28th.  Although I have had a few races this year, this will be my first big one and I am pretty excited about it.

Other than that, not too much to report.  You already read about my exciting week here. One of the things I left that party with was a fuel belt.  Now, I have not had luck with my fuel belt in the past and for the last year, I have been using a handheld but after so many miles, I hate holding it.  I am happy to report that I tried out the new belt yesterday and I was very pleased.  It did not move or bother me.  Yay!

Not too much else going on.  The kids are on spring break this week, which is really nice. We have a few fun things planned and Mr. RWM's parents are here for a visit.  The kids and I are just so happy to have them here.

Today, I will watch the Boston Marathon and cheer on the couple people that I know. Based on my time now, I will qualify when I am 70, LOL.  Maybe next year I will head to Boston to watch. We will see...

Run Strong, Think Big! ~ Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment