Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dear Tooth Fairy

So the good news today is Little Man lost his first tooth!  The bad news, he swallowed it.  I couldn't believe it.  Since the moment he knew it was loose, he never stopped touching it.  I mean never.  It was actually gross, but to him it was amazing.

Now, all his friends, it seems, have been losing their teeth before him.  Some, are on their 3rd and 4th ones. This has been a main topic in our house for the last 4 weeks.  I have to admit, I was getting excited too.  I have the baby tooth box out and waiting for the first of the baby teeth.  For Christmas, Santa brought him a pillow that holds his tooth for under his pillow.  We got that out last night as I was sure it was coming out any minute.

That minute was this morning durning breakfast.  He was eating cereal.  He said,"ouch", and I turned to him and he followed that up with, "my tooth came out!"  Yeah!!!  Where is it?  Well it wasn't anywhere that we could see.  Not on the table, the floor, in his bowl or stuck in his clothes.  Oh, boy, now what?

I could see the panic in his eyes and then the tears.  I felt so bad for him.  We looked one more time to make sure it wasn't in the milk.  Then I did the only thing I could think of, I hugged him.  I assured him the Tooth Fairy knows and will come anyway, but I am not sure he was buying it.  I sent him off to school and I am sure he enjoyed showing off the spot where a tooth used to be and I hope that makes him feel better.

So what did I do with my afternoon, besides laundry?  Well, I searched the internet for letters to the Tooth Fairy.  Well, isn't that what you would do?  I found all kinds of letters for all different reasons here.  I have one printed out and ready to go.  When Little Man gets home, I will have him write his own letter to the TF telling her what happened and I am sure she will come with money and a nice letter that says, "no worries."

So, tell me, what are your Tooth Fairy traditions?  How much money is the going rate now a days?  Have any of your kids swallowed a tooth?  What did you do?

My back is feeling pretty good.  Today I rode my bike but not much else.  I think I may try and go for a run tomorrow and see how I feel.  It is going to be 56 here and that alone makes me feel better.  I won't over do it.  If I feel good, I would just like to go a mile.  If it hurts, I will stop.  Wish me luck.

Run strong, think big!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on a tablet, so forgive me if this is brief.
    TF gives about 50 cents to a dollar per tooth, accompanied by a toothbrush, toothpaste, a cup for the bathroom, or another 50 cents if we have all that. My oldest swallowed a tooth and she wrote a letter on her own, and got I think $1.00 for that one, and a cup. TF always leaves a letter, too. We, as I've found, are cheap. Most kids are getting a buck or more a tooth. My kids will not. ;-)

    ReplyDelete