Monday, August 20, 2012

My Next Race

I have met some wonderful people after I started running.  Some of them in person and some just through my blog and FB page.

I have really loved getting to know everyone and there are a few of you who I really would love to meet in person.

This coming Sunday, I will have the chance to do that with one of my Virtual friends.

I have said last week that I was in a funk and to help get out of it, I would sign up for a race.  My friend Connie, is running in her first race this coming weekend and it is here in Rhode Island.

Connie, has been a reader, supporter and friend for some time now and even though she lives in RI, we have never met.  She started her running journey by doing the C25K plan, just like me, and ran 3. 1 miles for the first time in June.  It was not a race but she did it with friends and family around her, which sounded just perfect to me.  She also dedicated part of that race to my Run Strong, Think Big 5k.
She always has a kind word and I find motivation in everything she says.

She is the perfect example of why I am here writing about my journey to 13.1 and trying to motivate everyone to do what they love.

I wasn't sure what kind of a race I wanted to do and when I saw the date, I didn't think this one would be possible.  Lucky for me, I usually read my husbands schedule wrong and when I realized he would be here to stay with the kids, I knew this was the race for me.

The race is the Brandon Motta 5k and the proceeds go to help this little boy who has CMT, a neuromuscular disorder.

This is perfect, I get to meet and support a friend and actually get to run with her.  I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

I am planning one race in September also, although, I am still deciding on that one.  I will keep you updated.

Some more good news, Ethel has been on the injured list and I have not run with her in more than a month.  I am happy to say she called and is ready to get back out there.  Woo Hoo!!!  I missed you Ethel and I can't wait to meet you at 0 Dark 30 and run with you!

I hope you have a great week.  My next post will be a recap of my race with Connie.

Run Strong, Think Big!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to read all about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited finally to be meeting you, Nicole. Beyond telling. And to run with you sweetens the pie even more.

    I'm happy to hear that Ethel has recuperated and will be back out with you.

    See you on Sunday!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete