Sunday, May 25, 2014

#RUNcelebration

Skirt Sports hosts a half marathon which is held in Lousiville, CO on June 1st.  I would love to run this half marathon, but it is not very likely that I will be in Colorado anytime soon.  Man, these are the times I miss being a flight attendant.  Free flights would equal, any race I want!  OK, moving on...

Since not everyone can make it to Colorado for this fantastic race, they are having a virtual race too.  That means you can run anywhere, anytime on June 1st or 2nd.  You need to post your results by June 8th, so since it's virtual, I bet you can run June 3.4.5, 6, and 7.  You get the point.

They are calling this race #RUNcelebration and I just think that is perfect.  I love running even when I hate it. I run for so many reasons and I am sure you do too.

I run because it makes me happy.  I run because it makes me strong. Physically and mentally.  I am healthier than I have ever been. Thank you running. I am in the best shape of my life at 42. Thank you running.  I run to set a good example for my children.  I run because it keeps me motivated. I run to inspire others.  You can do it to!  I have run to raise money for special causes.  I run so that I can talk and laugh with my friends for an easy ten miler.  I run because it helps me stay focused. I run to relieve stress of a bad day. I run to work it all out.  I run for those who can't. I run because it is sunny, warm, cold, snowing, overcast, etc. I run because I woke up and can.

I run for Wyatt!

Why do you run?

So what do you get if you run this virtual race? Well, for starters, how about 25% off with the code RUNNER25.

You will also get a goodie bag full of sponsor samples and deals.  Plus either a Finisher's Roll Down Skirt ($32 value) or a Finishers Go Getter Tank ($30 value).  You also get a Skirt Sports gift certificate.

Now, why should you do this?  Honestly, I can't write it any better than what they have posted on their site.  I wouldn't even try so just read it here:

Our Cause: Skirt Sports Kick Start Program

Kick Start is a women's beginner running program founded by Skirt Sports. We pair Beginners - women who want to start running but can't due to their barriers to fitness - with Personal Motivators - women who have found strength, confidence, freedom and more through running. The Beginners' barriers include health problems, family crises, weight issues, financial difficulties and more. Skirt Sports pairs these women with empathetic Personal Motivators who act as mentors while they guide and support the beginners through an 8-week training program that culminates in their first 5k - and transforms them along the way.
Skirt Sports provides the runners with a training program, running apparel, nutrition advice, free entries to their first 5k, and most importantly, support of other women who have been there before. Many of our graduates go on to become Personal Motivators - the power to give back is so strong! We are proud to have helped so many women change their lives and move down a more positive path - with the strength and courage they found through running.
The current Kick Start chapter is training for the Skirt Sports 5k on June 1. Currently, each chapter of Kick Start costs approximately $1,500. Our goal is to contribute to the next chapter through our Virtual Racers - it's your way of giving back!
How cool is that! It's no secret that I started blogging as a way to keep a journal for myself, but what keeps me going is the motivation I am able to give and receive from all of you.  I love the idea of a mentor program and helping other women get to the finish line.  I am betting you all remember the first time you laced up and the first time you crossed a finish line.  The first time I ran, I was with a friend and the first time I crossed a finish line I was with four friends.  Support is key.

So I say grab your running buddies, share the discount, register here, lace up and get out for a fun little 13.1 mile run.

Random prizes will also be given out to those of you who post pictures and updates on your FB, Twitter and Instagram using the hastags, #SkirtSports, #RUNcelebration, #SkirtSportsHalfMarathon.

So tell me, will you be running virtually with me next weekend?  Or are you lucky enough to be in Louisville, CO?  Either way, let me know how your race goes and I would love to see some pictures.

As always, Run Strong, Think Big! ~ Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment