Sunday, January 8, 2012

Unhealthy Food Day and A Sad Story

Today was the worst food day I have had in a very, very long while.  I woke up and without breakfast left for Church.  On the way home, I got a large coffee.  About an hour later, my brother-in-law walked in with doughnuts.  Oh, boston cream, why do you have to be so good?  Later for lunch, we had chicken nuggets and strawberries.  Thank God for the strawberries!  For a snack we had pretzels.  Lastly, for the game we had chips and scallops wrapped in bacon.

I am sitting here now with the worst pains in my stomach and a giant glass of water.  There is no good reason for this and to top it off, these were not even my favorite "bad" foods.  I spent a good part of the afternoon taking down Christmas decorations.  I did walk up and down the steps about 50 times, but that is not real exercise.  I didn't break a sweat or anything.

Please don't judge, this is not common and I like to think we all fall off the wagon sometime.  I just never did it for a whole day before.  I am heading to the gym in the morning for a run and some weights.

On a sad note, today I saw this.  I am saddened and outraged.  I cannot imagine what this poor family is going through right now.  This women woke up early and went for a run.  Something most of us that are reading this has done.  Why are people so sick?  They have no right to hurt another person and I hope they find the person who did this and I hope he goes straight to you know where.

I hope you are all running safe.  I always have my phone and I just got a Road ID.  Be familiar with where you are running and change the route and time of day when you can.  I know sometimes this is hard but just be aware of your surroundings.  This is another good reason to have a running buddy.

So what is your favorite "bad" food?

Tell my how you keep yourself safe when you run outside?

Run strong, think big and always run safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment