Friday, December 16, 2011

Ouch!

Today was awesome!  This morning my sons best friend Sal was dropped off so his mom could go into work early.  I kept it a secret and he was so surprised to see him walk in.  They got to play for 40 minutes and then get on the bus together.  You would of thought Christmas came early here this morning. I love this age and I love how happy my son is to have such a good friend.  I am lucky enough to say that I have a few friends that I am pretty sure I have known forever and some new friends that I am sure I will know for the next part of forever.  I hope that rubs off on my kids because we should all have at least one friend that knows the secrets that others don't.

One of those very good friends met me at the doctors office and took Abby so I didn't have to have her stay with me.  That worked out really well, especially since I got an X-Ray.  I then met them and had lunch and shopped a little.

That brings me to tonight.  We picked Michael up early from school and then headed to the Polar Express.  Wow, what a night.  We got on and had hot dogs, hamburgers, cookies and, of course, hot chocolate.  We saw elves and Santa and Mrs. Clause.  We went to the North Pole! The North Pole people!  I have to say, I was just as excited as my kids.

After about 40 minutes, my son looked out to the passing cars.  (there was a road parallel to the tracks)
He said, "Mom, look the cars have elves in them!"  I looked and just saw cars with people, but then realized, he think we really are in the North Pole!  Made sense to me, why wouldn't the elves be driving cars in the North Pole.  When we were close to the station on the way back he looked again and said, "Oh, just humans driving again.  I guess we are back in Rhode Island".  Now that is some imagination!  And I would like to thank my son for making me use mine.  This is the best age yet!

  After we got home we put on our pj's and put on the Polar Express.  This truly is a magical time of year.  It has always been for me, but nothing brings it out like having kids to make it stay magical.  I can't even imagine what kind of magic grandkids will bring to Dave and I.

So, I know why you are all wondering why this is titled Ouch!  Well, I got a cortisone shot in my knee today and it hurt.  My knee still feels a little weird and I am icing it now but I should be good to go for my race tomorrow.  I have an MRI scheduled for Monday and a follow up with the doc on Friday.  He feels it will be fine and I can run with no problems, but I will keep you updated.

All in all, the kids and I are happy and  this fun filled weekend is not over yet.  We still have a pancake party tomorrow night and breakfast with Santa on Sunday.  And I have a little race that I need to rock tomorrow, all by myself.  I'll let you know how it goes and hope you do the same if you run it.  Look at my earlier post, Virtual 5K.  You have till midnight to register.

So happy, happy weekend to you all.  I hope it is just as amazing as mine is shaping up to be.

Run strong, think big.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog... love the stories of your kids! I have an almost 2yo, so she doesn't quite get the imaginative/magical side of Christmas yet. :) Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete